Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Passed the Nuclear Stress Test

Took the nuclear stress test Tuesday morning and talked with the cardiologist that afternoon. My heart is getting plenty of oxygen, so the chest pains I've been experiencing are anxiety-related. I try to take my thoughts captive to Christ every day, (2 Corin. 10:5), but obviously there are times when I was unable to do that. Especially during my parents' illnesses and deaths. I am so grateful to God that I can fall on His grace and mercy during times like these. So thankful He doesn't demand perfection from us. I've been spending more time with Him in His Word and rediscovering His unconditional love for us and His desire that we be reconciled to Him--that we enter into the joy of His love and presence. There is no greater or better place than the secret place of the Most High. I am so thankful that He allows me to take shelter under the shadow of His wings. (Ps. 91)

3 comments:

Amber said...

As a fellow anxiety/panic sufferer, I understand this. It's really crazy what adrenaline can physically do to the body (as far as causing physical symptoms.) Praying for you. You're not alone.

Laura said...

Glad that your stress was normal and praying for you as you go thru this journey. I deal with anxiety at times and praying for you and for the peace that passes all understanding...Also one of my favorite scriptures is Psalm 91:4 which says, " He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."
Prayers to you sweet sister.

Joni Woodward said...

Thank you Amber and Laura! Your prayers are much appreciated. In the words of Paul, "May the God of peace sanctify you through and through....He who calls you is faithful and He will do it" (1 Thess. 5:23-24) :)