Friday, September 28, 2012

Be Still Devotional

I've been using Be Still: 31 Days to a Deeper Meditative Prayer Life during my quiet time with the Lord. Some people who contributed to the book are Max Lucado, Dallas Willard, Philip Yancey, Dr. Henry Cloud. I'm on Day 9, and it has helped me truly meditate on God's Word and sense His peace and presence in my life. It has helped so much in fact that I felt led today to buy two more copies of this book to give away on this blog. So as soon as they come in the mail, I will post the giveaway and the first two people who respond to that future post will receive a copy. If you are chosen, be prepared to send me your name and address so I can mail the book to you. The book is about 5" x 7" and has 232 pages. It was published in 2007 and has a padded cover. Here's a couple of pictures of the book.  


 I'm anticipating the shipment in about six or seven days. Hopefully, it won't take longer than that.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share something else I use to help encourage me. I post Bible verses that my soul needs to read and re-read on the bulletin board over my desk where I have my quiet time. (See Below) I review these verses periodically. I'm also praying the verses I posted on this blog daily, and I feel strengthened in my spirit, not to mention being made aware of the awesome love and faithfulness of my God and Savior. We are not alone. He has not left us as orphans. He is with us through the Spirit of Christ Jesus who lives in all who have believed and received Him.

No comments: