Tuesday, September 11, 2012

God's Faithfulness, Unfailing Love, and Compassion

I've been spending more time with the Lord these days--talking to Him about everything, praying for family and others, praising Him for the good things He has given me, and for the wonder of His love. I've been asking Him to fill me with love for Him and His Word. I've been staying in His Word every morning and in the evening before bed. I've memorized two passages of Scripture that have really been speaking to me these past several days:

Deuteronomy 33:26-29--"There is no other like the God of Jeshurun, who rides on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in His majesty. The eternal God is your refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you saying, 'Destroy him!' So Israel will live in safety alone; Jacob's spring is secure in a land of grain and new wine, where the heavens drop dew. Blessed are you, O Israel. Who is like you, a people saved by the LORD? He is your shield and helper and your glorious sword. Your enemies will cower before you, and you will trample down their high places." (NIV) (Not sure of punctuation--typing from memory)

Psalm 73: 23-26;28  "Yet you are always with me. You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. As for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge." (NIV)

It is true that when you draw near to God, He will draw near to you. I have let go of some things that were really just time-wasters, and instead I've been spending more time with God. I've been experiencing His peace and presence and I've been happier in my soul than I have been for a long time. I was asked to teach the lesson next Sunday in my Sunday School department. Because I know my God, I know that He has given me this opportunity to testify to others of His gracious, unfailing love and compassion. It will be my privilege to tell of the way He has blessed my life. May all glory and honor go to Him, and I'm praying someone who's there next Sunday will hear a word from the Lord that will be life-changing. The Lord is worthy of all our praise! :)

2 comments:

Ren said...

I have also removed several time wasters from my life (Facebook, Pinterest, daytime tv) to make time for God.. What a difference!

Great blog!

Joni said...

Facebook was one thing I let go of as well. :)