Friday, October 26, 2012

Set Apart Before Birth

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." (Jeremiah 1:5) I've just been reminded each one of us were formed by God. As precious as babies are to us, God looks at us--His children of all ages--and sees us as His own--still precious and set apart for an intimate relationship with Him. Set apart to progressively know Him and through His "great and precious promises" to "participate in the divine nature..." (2 Peter 1:3-4) God gives us opportunities to know Him in every circumstance. Sometimes things move too fast for me and I stress-out. Sometimes I default into the old pattern of panic anxiety. I don't know why. But when I do remember His love for me and pray and meditate on His promises, reciting them to myself, I perceive His love and faithfulness. I come to see Him as Lord over my circumstance. I feel my blood pressure go down. My heartbeat slows down. Amazing what the presence of God and the power of His living Word can do. I find the more time I spend in the Word and alone with Him in prayer, the more peace I have.  I am weak, but He is strong!