Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Beautiful Morning

Nov. 29, 2012--Thought I'd add a picture of the rosebuds.


Sunday morning, after my quiet time, I felt such a stillness inside me. It was a beautiful peacefulness that I can't even describe. I went outside to sit on my patio swing with a cup of coffee and just breathed in the morning. The skies seemed brighter, the trees greener, and the birds chirping seemed clear and cheerful. I looked over at my English rosebush and noticed the new tiny buds just forming. Such delicate design--God's handiwork. I walked over to the hybrid tea rosebush and smelled the red petals. Sweet fragrance. The beauty of the morning impressed itself upon my heart. I felt God everywhere. Inside me...all around me. This is going to sound wierd, but I didn't go to church with my husband. I wanted to continue my quiet time with the Lord, and it must've seemed right to Him because my husband's brother called and offered to take him to church. Isn't God amazing? He gave me my heart's desire that morning. Now, I'm not going to do this every Sunday--I believe in going to church--but I also believe that sometimes people with stress-related anxiety need time away from the noise and the crowd. I had a wonderful morning singing hymns to God all by myself with a heart full of gratitude for the love and the peace He had given to me.

What's even more amazing to me is the love for His Word that's growing stronger in me. It's as if, after the past 14 months of sickness and death and loss, His Word is coming alive in me again. My soul has been so thirsty, and my God is restoring my soul. I'm so glad He didn't allow me to give up. I'm so glad that when we wait patiently for the Lord, continuing to meet Him in prayer and in His Word, He shows up!

My soul finds rest in God alone. My salvation comes from Him. He alone is my Rock and my Salvation. He is my fortress. I will never be shaken. Ps. 62:1-2

During this coming Christmas season, let's remember that Immanuel means God "with" us. I praise Him for the gift of Jesus Christ through whom He reconciled the world unto Himself. And it's through Jesus that we have access into this grace (God's unmerited favor) in which we now stand. (Romans 5)

3 comments:

Dustin Michael said...

What a simply great way to end the week. Despite my anxiety and depression, God works in my life in a similar way. For some reason in the evenings, I have peace and hope. It may be my mind wearing down after a long day of class and work, but its it ill a blessing either way. We really are so blessed through the word of The Lord! Praise his name !!!!

Joni said...

Love your comment, Dustin! Amen! :)

Dustin Michael said...

I would also like to take the time to say thanks for this blog. Like many of the other commenters on your posts, I seemed to have randomly stumbled upon it, a true blessing from above. I will be reading it very often due to its encouraging nature.