Spent the rest of the morning in quiet contemplation. Meditated on Romans 5--such a great chapter--especially the first several verses. I love how it tells us that God poured His love into our hearts by His Holy Spirit.
Below is one of the hymns I sang this morning. God has been so good to me. He is good every day, and we sometimes live without noticing. God is so worthy of our praise.
- 'Lord of all, to Thee we raise
- this our joyful hymn of praise.
- For the beauty of each hour
- Of the day and of the night,
- Hill and vale and tree and flow'r
- Sun and Moon and stars of light
- For the joy of human love,
- Brother, sister, parent, child.
- Friends on earth and friends above
- For all gentle thoughts and mild.
- For each perfect gift of Thine
- To our race so freely given.
- Graces human and divine
- Flow'rs of earth and buds of heav'n.
- For thy church that evermore
- Lifteth holy hands above,
- Offering up on every shore
- Her pure sacrifice of love.