Friday, December 14, 2012

FULLY HUMAN, FULLY GOD


Why is the virgin birth important to the Christian faith? Jesus Christ, God’s Son, had to be free from the sinful nature passed on to all other human beings by Adam. Because Jesus was born of a woman, he was a human being; but as the Son of God, Jesus was born without any trace of human sin. Jesus is both fully human and fully divine. The infinite, unlimited God took on the limitations of humanity so he could live and die for the salvation of all who believes in him. Because Jesus lived as a man, we know that he fully understands our experiences and struggles (Hebrews 4:15-16). Because he is God, he has the power and authority to deliver us from sin (Colossians 2:13-15). We can tell Jesus all our thoughts, feelings, and needs. He has been where we are now, and he has the ability to help. (Life Application Bible Commentary: Matthew, pg. 15; Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.)

Praise you, Lord, for your help, power, and authority! We are in desperate need of you every day.

2 comments:

Dustin Michael said...

The last part of this post has been very dear and near to my heart lately. I truly feel so calm when I praise His name. It goes beyond all my understanding, but when I can engage in whorship with God, I feel so complete. All the irrational and existential fears disappear. I can't explain this and though my very "logical" and "analytic" human mind is not comfortable with the unknown, I find complete peace in praising my God and Saviour. How can this be?!?! Why do I feel good doing it? I do not know, nor may I ever know. But I know He loves me beyond I can every understand and I get just a small taste of that when I praise God.

Joni said...

Amen! We're human beings but when we become believers, God sends His Holy Spirit to live in us at the moment of our conversion. When we worship from the heart, our spirit unites with the Holy Spirit and the fruit of that union is spiritual: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. That's why it's so important to praise God in all things.