Tuesday, January 15, 2013

All I Have to Offer

All I have to offer, all I have to give you, everything I lay here at Your feet. Let my sacrifices, let my heart of worship, everything I lay here at your feet, be a holy fragrance in this sanctuary, only You are worthy of my praise. And I worship, I worship, worship you, Lord. I worship You. Worship You , Lord.

Woke up with this song in my heart. It's from music I sung in choir years ago, and the words mean everything to me today. I finally "got it" about surrender being the sacrifice God wants of me. Surrender, in my case, when I mess up and let guilt build up until I'm trying so hard to fix me, even after confessing my sins & asking forgiveness, that my focus switches from my salvation and my Savior, to my flaws. I can't fix me. I can only surrender me to God, live in His wonderful love & grace, & trust Him as He works in me to mold me after His will. What rest there is in trusting God with the things you hate about yourself. Where sin abounds, grace much more abounds. Thank you, Jesus! I surrender all. "Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access, by faith, into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God." Ro. 5:1-2 ESV Standing in His love and grace today by faith, and rejoicing in my savior!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this- it's just what I needed to hear today!

Joni said...

Glad the Lord directed you here. :)