Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love God With All Your Heart

This Valentine's  week finds me in the "heart" of Beth Moore's Bible lecture series, The Law of Love: Lessons from the Pages of Deuteronomy. I'm facilitating this series at my church and have eight wonderful ladies joining me. Beth made a challenge in the lesson last week that I've taken up--to take six months and every day to pray for God to give me a heart to love Him the way He wills us to in Deuteronomy 6:5 and also Mark 12:30 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." (NIV84) Beth reminded us that if we pray within God's will, we'll get what we ask. I so want to love the Lord my God the way He wants me to love Him. After all, He has poured out His love into my heart by the Holy Spirit whom He has given me. (Ro. 5:5) I'm hoping that after six months (or even before that, please God), my love for God and Jesus will have increased by leaps and bounds. And I cannot wait to see what will happen in my life because of it. Wouldn't it be an awesome and amazing work of the Lord if everyone who read this post took up Beth's challenge? Of all the desires our hearts could have on this Valentine's Day 2013, to love God as He loves us would be the most noble, wondrous, satisfying, life-changing, and dearest.

2 comments:

Polo Jaimez said...

2:00 in the morning and couldn't sleep and thanks to that I found your blog. Thank you for such encouragement and sharing the miracle of the love our merciful Lord Christ provides for us. I will follow your blog going forward and look forward to all your scripture sharing.

Joni said...

So glad God spoke to you through this post. I hope you will join me in praying everyday to love Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. :)