Thursday, March 21, 2013

Our Hope of Glory

Today, one year ago, at 3 pm, my daddy went home to be with Jesus. I was thinking this morning what a perfect season to be going Home--the season when we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior. Easter brings that heavenly joy that death has no sting or victory closer to my heart. Paul says in 1 Corin. 13, "For now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror, then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part, then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." Death is not the end, but the beginning of the true reality of eternal life. What a wonderful Home those of us in Christ Jesus will be going to one day--we'll see the beauty of the Lord and experience the fullness of His joy and loving Presence forever. Christ in us, the hope of glory! (Col. 1:27)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my children lost their Dad 9 years ago on this very day as well, and then in feb 2011 I lost my Dad. I feel as though God started me/us on a journey or healing and although it hasn't been an easy road, God has been right beside us! I hold onto His Mighty Truth and I feel so Blessed that he is teaching me daily. What an Awesome God we serve!!!! I feel as though God lead me to this blog as well and I want to thank you for letting God use you to reach out to others. Btw I have your page bookmarked and have had for over a year....It has helped me through some very difficult times and some bad anxiety(which was due to iron deficent anemia) didn't know it at the time though and still have episodes now and then whan my iron is low. God Bless

Joni said...

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. The love of the Lord and our hope of seeing our loved ones again will sustain us all. I agree--He is an Awesome God. More wonderful than we will ever know on this side of life. Thank you so much for posting. I also have been diagnosed with anemia a different seasons of my life. Isn't that strange? I think it adds to the anxiety because there's so much I need to do, but I sometimes have little strength, so there's added stress because I feel like I can't do it. One of my constant prayers is for God to give me His strength to do what needs doing. In our weakness, He is strong. :)

Anonymous said...

Amen! and I thank him that his Grace is suffeciant for me for each day. I have done some research om anemia and anxiety and did find that there definatly is connection there and by paying attention to my own body and with numerous blood test it all connects. it doesnt make it easier to deal with the anxiety but it does help me to get through it and to take my Iron supplements until it subsides. I do have to say that reading God's word has helped the most, even in times I felt like i couldn't concentrate....thats why I love your blog. God Bless and Keep You Always