Monday, May 6, 2013

Heart

I love www.biblegateway.com. If you ever need to have some verses handy on a particular topic, you can type it into the keyword search window and see what verses appear. You can also choose which translation. Here are just a few for the word "heart" in the NIV translation:


Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.--My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise. -- Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.-- My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.--Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me.-- Jesus … said to the man, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.” -- Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.-- ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’’-- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.-- Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Psalm 51:10, 17; Psalm 62: 8; Psalm 73:26; Psalm 86:11-13; Matt. 9:2; Matt. 11:29; Matt. 22:37; Mark 12:30; John 14:1;Heb. 10:22

No comments: