Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I Have A New Identity


I have a new identity. I belong to Christ. This Servant--Shepherd--Savior loved me and died for me. He took my filthy rags away and wrapped me in His robe of righteousness. He who died and rose again is mighty, faithful and true. He hears my cries for help and saves me from a broken past, wrongful thinking, and from my sinful nature.

I have a new identity. I’ve been transformed from death to everlasting life by Christ’s rejuvenating resurrection power. When the enemy tries to tempt me to believe I haven’t changed, I can turn toward my God and find refuge. I no longer have to walk in brokenness, weighed down by guilt, circumstances, or driven by anxiety. I can choose to believe and have hope. I can choose to pray to my heavenly Father because I am His child. He rewards my faith as I withdraw from worldly passions and diligently seek Him.

I have a new identity. The Holy Spirit testifies with my spirit that I am God’s child. Panic and anxiety do not get to define me. I don’t face anything alone. I can ask in the moment of my need and wait in expectation. He will answer. He lives in me to teach me, guide me, lead and protect me. He provides for me and keeps my soul safe. He is trustworthy. There is no one in heaven or on earth who is like Him. He is Truth and Life. I have a new identity. I’ve been bought with a price. I am not my own. My body is His temple. But when I am weak, His grace is sufficient for me. His power is made perfect in my weakness. So when I am weak, I humbly bow, and in due time, He raises me up again. He enables me to persevere, to continue to do what I cannot possibly do on my own.  

I have a new identity: My life is now under my Lord’s control. Gladly I surrender my life anew each day because I just mess things up without Him. I surrender because in Christ I am accepted, adopted into God’s family kingdom; I am truly blessed, chosen, forgiven, loved, and redeemed, sealed with Christ’s anointing. And that anointing is real and not counterfeit. I am not the person I was before. His Spirit bears spiritual fruit in me—Hallelujah!

I have a new identity. So do you, if you belong to Christ.

No comments: