Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mercy Triumphs


Just finished reviewing the last week of James: Mercy Triumphs' homework for tonight's last session. You never know what is going to go on during the weeks of a Bible study, but every study I've ever done has spoken to what I was going through at the time. Isn't that just like God's Word? It is relevant and it is applicable to your daily life, and it will speak to every circumstance, transition, or problem.  As Moses told his people,"These are not just words to you, they are your life!" (Deuteronomy) We can't survive in this world culture without the Word of God. It is truly our daily bread and the living water that quenches our thirst. People out there are perishing without it, drowning in despair and darkness, and we need to share our godly provisions.
My favorite verses that were brought up in this week's homework: "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." 1 Peter 2:9-10, NIV
I praise God for choosing me to be His special possession that I may declare His praises for bringing me out of the darkness of the futility and hopelessness of my thinking and into His glorious light. Flawed and sinful, with evil desires I cannot control without Him, He sought me and paid the price so that I could be made righteous and holy and live now and forever with Him. Truly, "Mercy triumphs over judgment." (James 2:13)

No comments: