Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Peace From Above





Meditated on these verses during an anxious morning yesterday and experienced the peace of God as I prayed them back to Him and thanked Him for them. Thought I'd share them with you. They're from May 1 morning reading in the Daily Light, ESV version. God timed it so this was the reading I woke up to--He knew beforehand that I would need them. I love how He forsees everything. He truly goes before us and is our Rear Guard. :)

But the fruit of the Spirit is....peace.--To set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.--God has called you to peace. --"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you."--May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.--I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that day what has been entrusted to me.--You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.--And the effect of righteousness will be peace, and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever. My people will abide in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.--"Whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster.--Great peace have those who love your law.

Gal. 5:22. Rom.8:6. 1 Corin. 7:15. John 14:27. Rom. 15:13. 2 Tim. 1:12. Isa. 26:3. Isa. 32:17,18. Prov. 1:33. Ps. 119:165.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I have found much comfort and shelter through those verses as well.

Joni said...

I especially love the verse that tells us God has called us to peace. And that peace is one of the fruit of the Spirit. So if I am letting the Spirit influence me, I'll have peace. :)