Saturday, November 9, 2013

November 9, 2013

Yesterday life threw us a curve. I was tempted this morning to let this overshadow my quiet time and the rest of my weekend.  But my heart told me otherwise.  I will put my faith in God. He will get us through this. He will provide.

I meditated on Zephaniah 3:17: "The LORD your God is with you ( we're not facing this alone), He is mighty to save (My Lord God fights for me & always wins His battles). He will take great delight in you (my God enjoys being with me and caring for me--imagine that!) He will quiet you with His love (nothing touches my life, affects my well-being, that He cannot take care of. His great love for us is our comfort), He will rejoice over you with singing (If I quiet myself down, I might just catch the still small voice because the battle has already been won.)

Companionship, salvation, deliverance, great delight, quiet assurance, great love, rejoicing, and singing. All this from my God, my Lord, my Savior. Now. For the asking in this present age, and in heaven besides. No God is like my God. No person, angel, demon, things present or things to come, no sin, no problem, no sorrow, no pain, no death, no disease, no thing can separate me from the love of God. This is the true cause for rejoicing and giving thanks in all things today and every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Amen! God Bless you Joni! There is nothing too big or small for our God, he can handle it and he will take care of his children!
Psalms 125 assures us of that