Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Theme, New Verse for 2014

One of the most important lessons I learned from Believing God by Beth Moore: "We are people of the new covenant--people to whom God has offered a "surpassing glory" (2 Cor. 3:10). Yet, like the children of Israel, much of the body of Christ still stands back and watches those they consider truly anointed draw near God's glory. Dear One, you are anointed (see 1 John 2:20, 27). Never settle for a secondhand relationship." This encouraged me to believe that God wanted to hear from me, wanted to speak to me, wanted to help and teach me how to live and walk with Him. And I began to have a quiet time and experienced God's peace and presence firsthand. I am so thankful God impressed upon a certain friend of mine to invite me to the Believing God Bible study. My journey to know God and believe God began that night, March 30, 2004, and continues into 2014. I want to know Him more, love Him more, praise Him more, glorify Him more. My theme for 2014--the joyous pursuit of knowing God; my verse--Phil. 3:14 "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (NIV)

No comments: