Friday, January 10, 2014

Weaknesses

I am so glad that the Apostle Paul wasn’t too proud to admit that he had weaknesses he couldn’t conquer and that he needed to live in the Lord’s strength and not his own. As powerful as his faith was, and the Lord having done as many miracles through him as He did, you’d of thought he would’ve had his act together. But he didn’t, and he didn’t pretend to. “Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corin. 12:9-10)(NIV) The blessed side of having weaknesses is that they force you to lean on Christ, and then you get to know Him more intimately. No one can take away the joy of those moments when you know that it’s God working in you and helping you when no one else could. Weaknesses keep us from believing that we can do life without God. Weaknesses keep us from looking down on others because they don’t measure up. Weaknesses are the reason we get up every morning and pray to be filled with the Holy Spirit so that we will be a blessing and not a curse to others. Weaknesses remind us to keep seeking God’s kingdom and His righteousness. “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 3:12-14) (NIV)

No comments: