Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February Update

Our winter Bible study is in its 3rd week, and I'm enjoying facilitating Esther: It's Tough Being A Woman once again. I completed this study at my old church in 2009, and I've been comparing how I filled in the answers to the homework back then to today. It's good to go back and remember all The Lord has brought you through. It encourages my heart like nothing else, and reminds me of the faithfulness of my God. I am also teaching a ladies class on Sunday mornings at my church. The opportunity came and I had been sensing God's leading to do it, so I jumped out of the boat of my comfort zone and into the living waters. :) I knew it would be difficult teaching and facilitating, but I had no idea how difficult it would be in the midst of our remodeling our kitchen and living room. Believe me when I tell you, I've been leaning on the grace of God, praying that He would put His words in my mouth and He has come through for me. In addition to all this I struggled with fatigue and anxiety over decisions I had to make regarding the remodeling. All I wanted to do was stay in bed. I couldn't understand why, and prayed for God to strengthen me many times. He always came through and I had enough strength for each task. I went to the doctor last week for my routine physical and the blood work showed my thyroid was way off--which explained the fatigue and anxiety and indecisiveness. She upped my dosage, and this is the first time in a few months I've felt rested and more focused. I have hypothyroidism and every few years, for whatever reason, adjustments have to be made. The symptoms are so much like generalized anxiety and panic disorder that I'm never quite sure what's going on. But God is faithful to help me as I put my trust and faith in Him. He is so worthy of our praise! My granddaughter is about to be 16 months old! She has six teeth! There is something special about being a grandmother that I just can't describe. Our Emma Grace is such a blessing. God's works are wonderful. The way He made us is wonderful!

No comments: