Sunday, March 16, 2014

If You Will Only Let God Guide You

These words hit right into my heart--from my hymnal: "Only be still and wait His holy leisure in cheerful hope with heart content, to take whatever the Father's pleasure and all discerning love have sent, nor doubt our inmost wants are known to Him who chose us for His own." (If You Will Only Let God Guide You, #57) The title alone speaks volumes to me. I can always tell when I've taken the reins from the hands of my Lord and guided myself. I can't stand that for long. I am as weak as can be without Him. When I stop living in the gray and follow the Lord's guidance, life is so much better. He has proven to me over and over again His goodness, faithfulness, watchfulness, and great care. We weren't meant to do life without Him. Ps. 18:1-2 "I love you, Lord. You are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my Savior. My God is my Rock in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety." (NLT)

No comments: