Thursday, April 17, 2014

To This You Were Called

Note:  However, I still had to deal with the consequences. An apology was in order, and I humbled myself and gave it. I felt so much better.  :)

From today's email devotional: We Are Called to Bless Others 1 Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. – 1 Peter 3:9 (NIV) "We are called to bless others. This doesn’t apply to just the people that we get along with—this also applies to the ones who hurt us. How do you respond to people who offend you? Do you lash back? There is a blessing that God has for those who are willing to absorb the pain of offense and respond with kindness." Boy, does this hit home today. How easy it is to take offense when our feelings are hurt and to respond in anger. The only way to keep from lashing out is to remember God knows the truth, He loves you dearly, and He desires for you to let go and bless and leave the consequences to Him. I didn't do that this week. I was convicted this morning, confessed my sin, and asked for forgiveness and for help the next time I need to absorb the pain of offense and respond with kindness. This will keep me from being ensnared by the enemy. I won't be giving him a foothold in my life. Another benefit will be a quiet confidence and peace inside and blessing beyond measure from the Lord because I believed His Word and was obedient. He put my mind and my heart at rest this morning. So glad He forgives our sins and removes them from us as far as the east is from the west. (Isaiah)

No comments: