Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Dwelling in the Kingdom, Our Secret Place


Ps. 91:1-2 “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.” (KJV)
The Most High God, my Father in Heaven, has a secret place for me where I can hide from my enemies, rest in His love, be refreshed and revived, and seek His face. A place where I can breathe freely under His protection and live fully by His grace. I believe the “secret place” is found in my heart. Jesus lives there and reigns there. His kingdom is in me. (Luke 17:21). If I dwell there with Him in His kingdom of righteousness, I shall abide/remain under the protective shadow of the Almighty. In Matthew 6:33, Jesus tells us to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. When we are living outside God’s kingdom, we are living outside our Refuge and our Fortress. We become easy targets for the Enemy of our souls.
Paul tells us in Colossians 1:13 that God rescued us and “brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins”. (NIV84) If you’ve accepted Christ as your Savior, you have been brought into the kingdom of Jesus. He now reigns in you. Because you have been spiritually reborn, you can choose how you will live—in the world, following the pattern of the world—or in the kingdom of God, led by the Holy Spirit. Paul tells us in Romans 14:17 “For the kingdom of God is… of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit”. (NIV) In God’s kingdom you have wisdom, knowledge, truth, and understanding available to you. “We have the mind of Christ.” (1 Corinthians  2:16, NIV). You have divine power for demolishing strongholds (2 Corin. 10:4, NIV) and for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3, ESV). You are blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ. (Ephesians 1:3, NIV). That sounds like “dwelling in the secret place and dwelling under the shadow of the Almighty” to me.
I want to learn to dwell in the secret place--in God’s kingdom, don’t you? I believe it means learning to live with a child-like trust in the love and the goodness of God and in the presence of Jesus in us, abiding moment-by-moment in Him.
“Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” Luke 12:32 (ESV)
Thank you, God, our Father, that we can ask you to help us live in the secret place, in Your kingdom, because it is Your good pleasure to give it to us. Give us a desire to seek You and to love You with all we are and all we have because of Your great love for us and because of the wonderful new life in Christ you graciously give us. Help us abide in Him. And it’s in His name, I pray. Amen.

Ephesians 3:14-17 (NIV) For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.

.

No comments: