Friday, June 13, 2014

I Want to Be Changed!


"I don't just want to be saved. I don't just want to be forgiven. I want to be changed."--Chuck Colson. Humbling words from the mouth of a man who was once known as "The Hatchet Man" in Washington, DC. I will never forget the first time I read his book, Born Again. I’ve read it at least three times over the years. He was truly a changed man after he met the Lord Jesus, and his prison ministry continues even though he's gone on to be with the Lord. Chuck Colson and the Apostle Paul. Both powerful and passionate men who destroyed lives, and God turned them around and enlisted them in saving lives for eternity. Only by the grace of God. No one is so far gone that God cannot save them. It's so encouraging to know that absolutely no one is beyond His reach. It's enough to keep us praying not only for ourselves and our loved ones, but for our cities, our states, and our country.

“Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear.” Isaiah 59:1 (ESV)

1 comment:

Ashley Hollenbeck said...

I needed this post. I pray daily that my husband will come to know and love Jesus. My hopes were crushed this past week as our church learned thst one of our youth pastors confessed to sexual relations with a 16 year old. I just knew he was the one that would lead my husband to the lord. Now, my husband is again critical stating no one can be trusted. And our church is devastated. Your post reassures me there is always hope. Thank you.