Wednesday, July 16, 2014

You Are Worth More

"And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Matt. 10:30-31 (NIV) The basis for our not being afraid is our worth in the Father's eyes. I don't always remember this, especially when I'm in the throes of difficult circumstances. I set out on my spiritual journey to know and love God many years ago, and I still have trouble not letting my circumstances dictate my initial reaction, which is usually anxiety. Then I will remember to pray, and I pray with all my might! When the anxiety leaves it's because God's perfect love replaces the fear. I feel loved and am reminded that He is able to handle whatever concerns me. Ps. 121 says "Where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip. Your Protector does not slumber." It's when I pray that I am reminded that Jesus lives in me and that I am never alone. He sees me. He knows. He will help me pray and see things from God's perspective. Our God is trustworthy. Circumstances change, but God's Word never changes. He loved us yesterday. He loves us today. He will love us tomorrow. He cared for us yesterday. He cares for us today. He will care for us tomorrow. If only I could freeze-frame my brain on Scriptures, especially these words: "The very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more...." how different my thought-life and therefore my emotions and actions would be in times of stress and trouble. So that's my goal--to keep God-aware, to be strong in His Spirit. Believing that God the Father and Jesus, my Lord and Savior, love and care about me and know what I'm going through makes all the difference. I can't make it without that assurance. The next best thing to having Scriptures frozen to the forefront of my brain is continuing to memorize and meditate on God's Word. His Word speaks truth against the lies at the root of anxiety. Matt. 10:30-31 will soon be added to my memory bank. To quote Beth Moore in her Believing God Bible study: God is who He says He is. God can do what He says He can do. I am who God says I am. I can do all things through Christ. God's Word is alive and active in me. I'm Believing God!

No comments: