Monday, August 18, 2014

Do Not Worry










Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matt. 6:26-34 (NIV)

4 comments:

peace-inthestorm said...

Excellent images set to some very comforting scripture. I appreciate this, Joni.

I have been meaning to tell you, I recently added a section on my blog that displays my top 10 favorite blogs, and I have included yours on that list. Your blog's name and your most recent post title is displayed. Please let me know if you'd like me to remove yours and I will. But I thought if anyone stumbles across my blog, I hope they find yours too. :)

Wendy said...

I agree, your blog is wonderful and honest and a God send to me.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a weak person, this is why anxiety happened to me (even thought I know I am strong in Christ). Even though I am doing so much better, some days are still a challenge. Do you find yourself thinking about your anxiety daily, even if you're not particularly anxious that day? I feel that way sometimes.

Joni said...

Peace-in-the-storm--I love that. Thank you for honoring my blog by posting it in yours. I don't mind at all.

Wendy, I've discovered the more I think about anxiety, the more anxious I get. That's why I try to stay in the Word and meditate on it and memorize it. When my mind is busy doing these things, I am filled with confidence in The Lord and I have peace. However, if I'm under lots of stress, anxiety usually shows up. I pray my way through it, and try to surrender the circumstances into his care. I also still take medication. In fact, I'm in the process of reducing the amount I'm taking because I'm not needing as much right now. It takes time for the brain chemistry to adjust after being under prolonged stress, and I've been under stress since my parents died, my grandchild was born, and my husband's recent arteriogram. Right now things have calmed down. I'm able to keep an exercise program going, and I'm spending more time with God. So anxiety levels are at a low for me right now.

Wendy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your parents passing. And congrats to grandparenthood. Also, happy to know your husband is doing well. God is faithful! Thank you for always making yourself available to reply. Blessings today and forevermore.