Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My Husband’s Arteriogram


I finally am getting around to writing about my husband’s recent arteriogram. The cardiologist was not able to get into the 100% blocked artery in order to put in a stent. He was very disappointed, but he explained that God had made another bypass with smaller vessels coming off of it and that with exercise and medication those vessels would grow and more blood flow would get to the heart. So there was bad news but there was good news, too. He also told us that the bypasses God makes never clog! Amazing!

While waiting for the procedure to be done, I sat with my oldest son, sister, sister-in-law, and brothers-in-law. During our wait, something amazing happened. The door to the Heart Center opened and a group of young children walked in with white sacks. A little boy around 10 or 11 with brown hair and dark brown eyes came up to me, handed me a sack, and explained they were from St. Charles Vacation Bible School. Looking me right in the eyes he said, “God loves you and He’s with you.” I smiled at him and thanked him and he left. Inside the sack were pretzels and snack crackers and candy. I was admiring the front of the sack which had a picture of Calvary's Hill on it when my sister told me to turn it around. Look what was on back--

July 2014

My sister's sack only had one verse on hers: Matt. 28:20. God knew I needed 2 Tim. 1:7 and Matt. 28:20. And look how it's printed. Instead of, For God has not given us a spirit of fear, it reads For God has not given me a spirit of fear. I stared at that and felt God had just visited me Himself! I took a picture and sent it to my youngest son who couldn't be with us.

Here's the front of the sack:
July 2014

May we never forget that our God knows what we need when we need it, and that He is in our midst! Praise His Name Forever!!


1 comment:

peace-inthestorm said...

It is truly amazing how God supplies what we need, using surprise visitors in our lives or steady and faithful friends. Thank you for sharing this experience. It brought a smile to my face.