Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Our Promise from the Lord

Last year on November 18, I decided to begin looking for a ring or bracelet that would help me remember that I belonged to Jesus. Off and on, I'd remember and check online for something but nothing I found seemed right. Then for Christmas, my husband gave me an Amazon gift card. And so I looked on Amazon and there it was--the perfect ring--not too expensive, with CZ stones and in my right-hand ring size--you know how sometimes you just "know"? When it came in the mail, I was so excited. I'd been wearing it a few days when, on Jan. 2, 2014 I came across this sentence in Catherine Martin's book, Set My Heart on Fire:"You might even think of the Holy Spirit as the Lord's engagement ring, given to you as His promise of your future with Him." Isn't God amazing? I wish there was some other word, but amazing and awesome are all I can say. God knows our hearts. He sees, He knows, He is ever with us. How can you not love a God who loves us like that?

No comments: