Sunday, September 14, 2014

For Whom and Through Whom Everything Exists

Hebrews 2:10: "...it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists...." (NIV) After an anxious night and lots of prayer, God woke me up around 4:30 this morning. I opened my Bible to review the Scriptures I'd be teaching in Sunday School, and when I came to the 10th verse in Hebrews 2, I could not read past the words above. God impressed upon me as I meditated on this phrase that everything exists for Him and everything exists through Him. As I rested in this truth, I saw how my anxious thoughts were unneccesary. I can trust God. You exist for God and through God you exist. May you rest in that today as well. Later today, I took some pictures of the hummingbirds the Lord has sent to us this season. They exist for Him, too, and were made through Him. :)

1 comment:

peace-inthestorm said...

Great thought and great pictures. Thanks for sharing, Joni!