Friday, December 19, 2014

Beth Moore's Scripture Memory Challenge 2015

I made my spiral for Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Team for 2015. If you'd like to participate, (begins January 1) you can find out all about it here. I've been participating in this since its conception and it is a blast! Beth explains in a video how to get ready. Her blog post contains the video and much more info plus link to spiral covers: http://blog.lproof.org/…/siesta-scripture-memory-team-2015

Did you know Meditating on and memorizing Scripture is biblical? "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you,"(Ps.119:11) is just one of many references. Left to itself, my mind meditates on all the negative in my past and present, and even predicts negative for my future, but when I engage in meditating on God's Word which speaks of His love for me, His watchful care over me, His hand on my life, my mind rejoices! You and I get to choose what we meditate on, and that choice determines our perceptions and our reality--"As a man thinketh, so is he." That is why I like to participate in anything that helps me keep memorizing/meditating on God. This spiritual discipline renewed my mind several years ago when I thought I was losing it. God is faithful to His Word. And to His children.

No comments: