Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Good News

Our grandson was born on my husband's mother's birthday and my son and his wife had already decided to name him after my husband's dad. He was supposed to be born Nov. 13, but God had other plans. He was born ten days later. Now my grandson's birthday will have an even special meaning to our side of the family. My husband and I will be traveling back and forth these next few months to help out since they live a couple hours away from us. It's back to 2 am feedings. I well remember those days! Thanking God for this little bundle from heaven and for His many blessings on us all.

Life does have meaning. Every person was put on this planet for a reason, and it's only through our relationship with God that we fulfill it. I'm praying for my two-year-old granddaughter and new little grandson to grow up in the knowledge of the Lord. Life just doesn't work without Jesus. I know. I've tried it. Ended up  in the blackest pit, thought I was losing my mind, and was always, always afraid.  I don't want that for my grandchildren. I don't want that for anybody. God is real. Jesus saves. The Bible is true. It took a nervous breakdown and panic disorder for me to discover this. But a decade later, I can truly say it was worth it. Because now I know that I am never alone, it's never all up to just me. I have a Savior. I have a Friend. And I live hid in Christ Jesus. And with my mind on that wonderful, glorious thought, I'm going to bed. Tomorrow's a new day filled with new beginnings and new life.  :)

No comments: