Sunday, May 17, 2015

Remembering God's Love on a Special Day

This morning in Sunday School I had the opportunity to share about how God has shown His love to me in the past. I mentioned the day I was outside with my camera praising God for the birds He had been bringing into my backyard enabling me to take pictures of them, and as I was in the midst of thanking Him, a flock of birds suddenly appeared on the horizon. As they flew closer, their tummies looked like little pots of gold. Then the birds landed in my sycamore tree which was leafless and just a few yards from me. I'd never seen anything like them. I could hardly take the pictures for the tears in my eyes. They stayed there for a few minutes and then flew into a neighbor's tree that had leaves, so they virtually disappeared. I ran inside to get online and see what kind of birds they were (I thought maybe cedar waxwings) and it was then I found that they were cedar waxwings and that it was rare to see a whole flock at one time. I wished Jeff could've been out there with me (he still had a little sight left then) and share that rare sight with me. Well, God heard my thoughts. The next afternoon we were sitting on the patio swing, I happened to look up, and there were the cedar waxwings--back in the sycamore tree. I pulled Jeff out into the yard to see them, ran for my camera, and snapped a couple of pictures before they flew off. I never saw them again. I told my Sunday School class this morning I'd bring the pictures next Sunday. Well, I couldn't find the prints, but found the pics on a flashdrive. I copied them, and then I saw the date I took the pics. I'd thought it was winter because there were no leaves on the sycamore. But I'd forgotten our sycamore was in its last stages of life back then and its leaves had fallen off. My mouth fell open when I saw I'd taken these pictures May 18 and May 19, 2007, almost eight years ago today! Isn't God amazing!! No coincidences here! Our God is an awesome God and He delights in rewarding the faith of those who earnestly seek Him. (Heb. 11:6) I posted about this in July 2007 but thought you'd like to see the pictures here:




No comments: