Sunday, June 14, 2015

SSMT Verse 12

Siesta Scripture Memory Team Verse 12:
And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? Ro. 8:30-31, NIV84

Memorizing these Scriptures involves saying them over and over. When they start coming out of your mouth enough times, the reality of what you are saying hits you. I never really thought about God glorifying me. I knew about predestination, being called by God, and being justified by faith, which alone is mind-boggling, but to be glorified....

Though I do not see it in me yet or understand the full revelation of it (and won't until Christ returns), the thought that God has chosen to glorify me--weak though I am, sinner that I am, undeserving as I am simply because it was His choice to do so out of His great love for me--made me cry. (I've learned to keep Kleenex by my Bible.)

More on glory (NIV):

"And we boast in the hope of the glory of God." (Ro. 5:2)

"And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (2 Cor. 3:18)

"Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." (Ro. 8:17, 18)  

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." (2 Cor. 4:17)

"Christ in you, the hope of glory." (Col. 1:27)

"When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." (Col. 3:4)

"He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ." (2 Thess. 2:14)

"Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory." (2 Tim.2:10)

Unearned, undeserved, life-changing, ever-lasting glory. All from God. All because He loves us. Let that sink in. Better have Kleenex handy. :)

No comments: