Monday, September 21, 2015

In This Season of Rest

I am really enjoying this season of rest that God has graciously given me. In fact, I've been able to slowly reduce the mild sedative I've been taking for the symptoms of panic disorder over the past few months. I'm now down to half a pill in the morning and half in the evening. .25mg in total. I am so grateful to my Lord for His help and for His Word. Staying in Bible study, memorizing Scripture, praying and humbling myself by casting all my anxieties on God, and consistently meeting with God in the mornings in His Word has brought such peace and rest to my mind. Making the choice to focus on keeping Christ at the center of your life brings true peace and rest.

Isaiah 26:3-4 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock. ESV


No comments: