Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Catch Up

I just realized I never posted my 22nd memory verse on here. I've been sick and November is full of family birthdays, so I've been a bit distracted. :) I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! My own prayers for a blessed Thanksgiving were answered by my Lord. Large family events can sometimes trigger social anxiety. I asked God to help me keep my focus on Him and His love for me and that I would spread everywhere the fragrance of Christ. He graciously answered my prayer far and above what I could've imagined. I felt at home and at peace in my sister-in-law's overflowing house full of people--several I didn't know very well, but I felt His love as we all joined hands to say the blessing before eating. When my sister-in-law asked me to say the blessing, it seemed like the most natural thing. My heart was so full that I didn't experience the momentary fear or racing heart that I normally feel when I'm unexpectedly asked to pray. I didn't even worry about what to say. The Holy Spirit provided the words. I know that everything that happened that blessed day was because I had met with the Lord earlier that morning and had stayed my mind and heart on Him. A Christ-centered heart and mind--that's when we truly live the abundant life.

SSMT Verse 22: "To him (God) be the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5:11, ESV

SSMT Verse 23: ""Your words were found and I ate them, and your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I have been called by Your Name, O LORD God of hosts." Jeremiah 15:16, NASB

Only one more verse left for 2015!

No comments: