Sunday, February 21, 2016

Praying Instills Peace Instead of Anxiety

As part of facilitating the Armor of God study, I wrote the following to show how to lean on and rely on God's Word, and how to use God's Word as a help in praying to our God and Father when we're upset or anxious or afraid.


Praying God’s Word  (Scriptures from ESV Bible)
Philippians 4:4-7  Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.  Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Lord, I thank you that I can rejoice in the Lord in all circumstances because I know You are with me. Instead of being confused, or angry, or at my wit’s end, I can be reasonable because I trust in You and what You will do—turn everything for my good. Help me remember not to be anxious about anything, but to pray about everything that’s happening and what is going on in my mind, in my heart, and with other people because I know You hear my prayers.

Isaiah 26:3-4, ESV  “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.

Thank you, Father, that you keep me in perfect peace when my mind is stayed on you. I do trust in you, Lord. If there’s any unbelief in me, please help me get rid of it. Help me my unbelief, O God! Fill me with faith. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. Keep me in your perfect peace. I will trust in the LORD forever and especially in the midst of trials and tribulations, for You are an everlasting Rock. 

Colossians 3:12-15  Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,  bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

Father, I thank You for having chosen me to be saved, to be made holy and counted precious by You. Thank You for loving me. Because of all You’ve done for me and because I love You, help me put on a heart that is filled with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, patience, forgiveness for all, and most importantly, love. The kind of love that binds everything together in perfect harmony. And Lord, help me let the peace of Christ rule in my heart because I was called to peace. 

Isaiah 41:10  Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Thank you, God, for this wonderful verse. Thank you for assuring me in this verse of these five things: You are with me, You are my God, You will strengthen me, You will help me, You will uphold me. Oh, Lord, if You do all these things for me, why should I be afraid or dismayed? Thank you for being my Helper. Thank you for the hope You give me. Forgive me for doubting You, Your ability to help me and to work all things out for my good. Fill me with the truth of this verse, dear Lord. Make me bold and confident in You and in Your mighty power.

Jeremiah 31:3  I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.

Thank You, Lord, for loving me. Thank You that Your love is everlasting. I can never wear Your love out. You have always loved me and You always will and You alone are completely faithful to me.



No comments: