Friday, May 13, 2016

Passages that Encourage and Give Confidence

Passages in John 14-17 where Jesus speaks to his disciples before his betrayal contain beautiful commands and promises and important information regarding our walk with Him and our fruitfulness as believers in Christ. Favorite verses: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you." John 14:27, NIV84 "Abide in me. If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father's glory that you bear much fruit, proving yourselves to be my disciples."  John 15:4, 7-8, NIV84

Romans 8 also contains wonderful promises for believers. Two favorite and awesome verses: "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." And, "If God is for us who can be against us?"

The Bible gives us confidence that God the Father and Jesus, His Son, are for us and the Holy Spirit is in us to help us live out our faith.

No comments: