Friday, August 26, 2016

The Love of God; The Lord Our Helper


For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13, NIV84

Sometimes the Word of God seems to rise off the page and jump right into our hearts, speaking into our circumstances. This verse was one of those for me several years ago. I was having panic attacks monthly. Being able to visualize God taking hold of my right hand and encouraging me, saying that He Himself would help me, gave me hope that I was still God's child. The panic attacks made me feel as if God was against me, but that was not true. He used what the devil meant for evil to prove to me that I was not alone, and that I was dearly loved. The Enemy sends fiery darts trying to convince us that we are on our own, unloved and unwanted. The Bible tells us in the Old and New Testament that all of us are precious to God and that His love for us is immeasurable. Reminds me of a hymn I love:
The love of God is greater far
  Than tongue or pen can ever tell.
It goes beyond the highest star
  And reaches to the lowest hell.
The guilty pair, bowed down with care,
  God gave His Son to win;
His erring child He reconciled
  And pardoned from his sin.
 
O love of God, how rich and pure!
  How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure—
    The saints’ and angels’ song.

No comments: