Monday, May 1, 2017

God Is Our Hiding Place

This cardinal likes to hide in the leaves of my maple tree to scope out the feeders. I snapped this picture and was reminded of Psalm 32:7:  "You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance." (ESV) 

Psalm 119:114 states it this way: "You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word."(ESV)

I praise and thank God that He is willing to be a hiding place. I learned this principle well during panic attacks. I would grab my cards full of Scriptures and start reading and praying them to God, and soon I would feel a sense of peace and of His Presence and the panic would be gone. Through His Word and prayer, God became a hiding place for me.  Now almost every morning I wake up not with fear but with the desire to get alone with God. I want to be under His protective covering. Only He can keep me truly safe.


No comments: