Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stepping Into Sunshine

Sunday morning was the first time since I broke out with shingles that I was able to attend Sunday School and church. I received such a warm welcome, it was like stepping into sunshine. How I love to see my friends in the Lord--to have a place where I can talk about problems and concerns with friends who uplift, encourage, and support me with their love and hope and belief in Christ. I couldn't believe it'd been a month and a half since I'd attended. When I opened my mouth in the choir loft to sing God's praises, I couldn't stop the smile from spreading across my face. I was suddenly filled with such joy--I can't describe it. I recalled two of my favorite verses: "The Lord set my feet upon a Rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."

I'm still here! I'm still standing on a firm place--my Rock. The past several months have brought pain, mental anguish, and anxiety, but I'm still still clinging to my God and watching Him work all things out for my good--and the good of my family.

"Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and all that is within me bless His Holy Name. Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and forget not all His benefits; Who forgives all your sins, Who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion;Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles!!!!!!!! (Ps. 103)

No comments: