Tuesday, September 29, 2009

God's Truth

Micah 7:8 "Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light."

I love the courage, confidence, and hope in these verses. I found this Scripture while experiencing panic attacks in 2005. Speaking the truth of these words out loud after a panic attack empowered me when I felt powerless or was tempted to give up hope that my attacks would ever stop. After I discovered that I could stop my panic attacks by praying Scripture during them, I realized even more the importance of speaking God's Truth in the face of fear. I used to think that if I just believed enough or hoped enough that nothing would go wrong in my life. Not true. What is true is that as long as I cling to Jesus, bow the knee to His sovereignty, and cooperate with Him, then He will bring me out of my difficulties with a surer knowledge of His presence in me, His love for me, and His mighty power available for me. With Him, I come out of my trials with much more than I had going into them. Praise the Lord!

No comments: